Our first publication of 2015 is made all the more exciting by the fact that it has been desk edited by me! I am positively brimming with pride.
Introducing Commonwealth Governance Handbook 2014/15
Commonwealth Governance Handbook 2014/15 is the comprehensive guide to public sector reform and innovation in the Commonwealth.
The Commonwealth Secretariat, through its Governance and Natural Resources, Rule of Law and Political programmes, promotes effective, efficient and equitable public governance in member countries – a range of work that bridges the defining Commonwealth pillars of democracy, development and diversity.
Commonwealth Governance Handbook brings together Secretariat perspectives with those of partners in government; professions,
development agencies and the private sector. This edition covers:
- Deepening democracy: electoral finance and e-voting technologies
- Constitutional change, leadership and human resources
- Open data, cyber security and governance of the internet
- Human security: civic/ethnic considerations, cross-border issues and land tenure
- Performance management in public services and contracting
- Utilities, environmental risk and the ‘blue economy’
- The Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM) Innovation Awards
The publication also contains 53 governance profiles of member countries as well as progress on the Millennium Development Goals and other indicators.
For more information or to purchase a copy of the publication please visit our website.